A measles outbreak that has infected scores of unvaccinated children in Southwestern Ontario reportedly had its start at a Mennonite religious gathering in New Brunswick last year. In a March 7 letter to Ontario’s health units, the province’s chief medical officer of health, Dr. Kieran Moore, said there was “an exposure at a large gathering […]
Cases of measles in a region surrounding London continue to surge – eclipsing 225 cases – including almost 20 hospitalizations.
The top doctor of a health office at the epicentre of Ontario's measles outbreak continues to urge vaccination as the best defence
A surge of measles cases on London’s doorstep has led to the first case of the highly infectious disease in Middlesex-London. The case reported Monday by the Middlesex-London Health Unit comes after several reports of measles exposure in London and Strathroy since late January. “The individual was likely exposed while visiting a neighbouring jurisdiction,” the […]
Hospitals in Elgin and Oxford counties are seeing 'serious complications' in children with measles, the area medical officer of health says
Confirmed cases of measles have spiked over the past two days in one area of Southwestern Ontario amid an outbreak declared last month.
Measles cases have quadrupled in one area east of London and more than doubled in a second area since outbreaks were declared two weeks ago, health officials said Tuesday. There are nearly 50 cases in several counties, doctors for two area health units said at a virtual news conference. Ninh Tran, medical officer of health […]
London public health officials are warning of several potential measles exposures at area hospitals in the last two weeks.
Two area health units have declared measles outbreaks after confirming nearly 20 combined cases of the highly contagious virus.
If you’re thinking of heading to a Southwestern Ontario beach this weekend to escape the heat, double-check before you dip. Read More
Local public health officials who've called for tighter rules on alcohol sales to limit its harm are expressing disappointment wit the provincial government’s quarter-billion-dollar plan to allow booze on shelves at corner stores. Read More